Our mission, vision, and values
Declaration of our mission, vision and values:
- Our Mission: Eye of the Art will be at the forefront of quality, affordable and accessible health care for all.
- Our Vision: The Eye of the Art will use its resources to become and remain a valued health care organization with an exceptional system of care that identifies and responds to the medical needs of the communities in which it operates by providing equal access to quality, low-cost health care services.
- Statement of Principles: We Eye of the Art will build on the collective efforts of our community, providers and staff to develop and maintain an effective, safe and secure health center without compromising the quality of our care, good business practices, and our ethical and moral standards.
The underlying principles are:
- Serve with humanity, respect, and affirmation
- Be a catalyst or agent of change
- Promoting inclusion
- Enable risk assumption at all levels both individually and in teams
- Produce and offer quality products
- Promote transparency and accountability
- Acting with integrity
The Caring Place: For and about patients
Since 1981, Eye of the Art has a record of excellence that distinguishes it as one of the premier health care providers in and around Eye of the Art.
For more than a quarter of a century, we have provided quality primary health care services to all members of the community, including the most disadvantaged and uninsured. Our services range from medical and dental care to counseling. Our health center is proud to have always been at the forefront of our medical and local communities.
Responding to the needs of our community
Eye of the Art currently serves more than 48,000 patients per year and offers a wide range of primary, specialty, dental, mental health, educational and social services from eight conveniently located centers. In addition, Eye of the Art has school clinics in twenty New York City public schools that provide medical care to students.
Get to know our team, our services, and the aspects that distinguish us:
- Health Home (Coordination of Care)
- Medical Home Focused on Patient Health
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Eye of the Art Impact Gala
- Eye of the Art Foundation
A tradition of innovation
Innovation and avant-garde characterize us:
- Eye of the Art was the first federally funded community health center in New York City to be accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Eye of the Art Women’s Health Center and Birthing Pavilion (Women´s Health & Birthing Pavilion – WH & BP) was the nation’s first out-of-hospital birthing center run by midwives in a low-income community.
- The Women’s Health and Maternity Pavilion was the first maternity center in a low-income community out of the country. Eye of the Art became accredited by the National Association of Maternity Centres. Although we no longer operate a birthing center, it remains one of the proudest legacies. Eye of the Art resulted in what is now the Women’s Health Pavilion, one of our most robust programs serving women throughout the Bronx.
- Eye of the Art is a founding member of the Affinity Health Plan, formerly The Bronx Health Plan, one of the first managed care programs for Bronx residents.
- Eye of the Art has provided on-site services for HIV/AIDS since the beginning of the AIDS epidemic. In recognition of our pioneering work, we were selected to be one of three pilot projects nationwide to demonstrate an integrated centralized model of HIV/AIDS services, currently in use nationwide.
- Eye of the Art is affiliated with the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) and the Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS).