An overwhelming number of women in the gym go to run clean on the track. Or they go to the group, where they jump with a kilogram dumbbell, and then believe that they are killed in training.
Of course, there are only two sides to the medal. Maybe a person just can’t sit down due to health problems, or maybe he just likes to work out on the air or with his own weight, because the doctor ordered to strengthen the heart and improve overall physical fitness.
However, you will NEVER be able to build a quality body on one cardio. And cardio training alone does not work in 3 cases: high caloric intake, low caloric intake and low overall activity. I wrote in this post about how to eat before and after training.
Types of cardio
Normal – the same intensity at a certain heart rate: from bike to swimming
- You can spend calories without dieting.
- suitable for beginners without experience with an untrained cardiovascular system
- can often be practiced without health risks (some studies suggest the effects of cardio on blood pressure)
The worse it is:
- losing muscle mass. This is logical, because the abundance of running loses its extra weight. Muscles go away – power and strength go away
- a little calorie consumption. Do not focus on the handles of the simulator-they lie. A newcomer just can’t burn a lot of calories on cardio, so don’t eat his victory on the track at dinner)))
- a quick adaptation to the same rhythm. Change the tilt or vary the speed so that there is no adaptation.
INTERVAL – the intervals may vary, but the point is the same: short, high-intensity periods alternate with low-intensity periods.
- Fat burning. The interval helps muscles to use fat as energy. Those who have been in the room for a long time can finally burn fat in problem areas
- time-saving, 15 to 25 minutes
- oxygen debt. Because such training is stressful for the body, it recovers for hours by spending calories on it.
- It’s fun. Well, that’s understandable. This kind of training will definitely keep you from getting stuck in the installers.
The worse it is:
- you’ve already figured out that it’s not for beginners. From place to place in the quarry – not the healthiest option for beginners suffering from obesity, heart disease, pressure, joints
- traumatic. You can catch overtrain, if there are already so many uniforms in the hall, as well as dislodge the joints. In addition, nausea, dizziness, etc. are provided
- a rarity in training. You can’t abuse it. 1-2 times a week depending on the purpose and situation. Not every day or immediately after a heavy weightlifter.
Heart rate for cardio
As you can see, I write about everything that other fitness and blogs wrote about, but with an admixture of my own opinion. I want everything to be available. Yes, it is scientifically proven that fat burns at a low heart rate in Zone 1.
Calculate by formula:
- (220 – age)*0.65 =
- (220 – age) * 0.75 =
For example, a lady of 29 years old means 220 – 29 = 191, then 191 * 0,65 = 124,15 (this is the lower limit, that is, when her pulse reaches 125, and she burns fat. Its upper limit is 143. It means that between 125 and 143 beats per minute it loses weight due to the fat layer.
If you like to do everything meticulously, scientifically and correctly, it is not the formula that is needed to calculate your personal maximum heart rate, but special cardiotesters who will set your maximum heart rate. Remember that the maximum heart rate will vary depending on your physical condition, so it will be necessary to update the data periodically.
Cardio training mistakes
Do not make the following mistakes to get the most out of cardio:
Excessive cardio training if it lasts more than an hour, or every day. These tactics reduce the number of muscles in the body by slowing down metabolism (remember, the more muscles, the higher the metabolism)
The lack of a strict and balanced cardio training schedule can also affect the success of the result. Mode is the key to success. Average optimal exercise in aerobic exercise: 30-45 minutes per session, 1-2 times a week. Corrections and adjustments to the training schedule are allowed, based on the general physical condition and the goal you set. Of course, this does not limit your daily activity if you have strength and desire.
Prolonged aerobic stress has a devastating effect on muscle tissue. If you combine anaerobic and aerobic loads, it is recommended to give the latter 15-20 minutes. However, if you plan to do only aerobic exercise on a day free of exercise: 30-45 minutes.
Exercises may not be appropriate for your physical fitness. For example, you may be exhausted by prolonged exercise despite your high heart rate and poor health.
Lack of variety in training. Your body adapts to cardio training in about a month, after which it will need less energy under the same loads. It is recommended to change the types of cardio training (low impact cardio, hiit, interval walking, fast slide walking, or change the schedule of cardio training.
Schedule of classes. As a rule, it is recommended to train in the morning before meals or in the evening after meals, after 1.5 – 2 hours, but it is not quite correct.
Morning supplies of glycogen in muscular tissues, internal organs and blood are much lower. Aerobic training on an empty stomach means not only burning fat, but also muscle tissue. If you want to train in the morning: Eat a couple of proteins 20 minutes before training.
Consumption of carbohydrate food before cardio workout. These activities usually do not work. The recommended eating time before exercise is 1.5 hours.